The Six Nations Community Plan was initially completed in 2010 and built from the voices of the community. The time has come to provide insight on the current state of the projects, priorities, and goals originally identified, as well as update the plan to include new initiatives and needs. This will ensure the Community Plan is reflective of the collective Six Nations community and clearly map out a path to the future. The Community Plan team will be completing this update in two phases as outlined below:
Phase 1- Short Term Progress Update (Present-March 2018)
Goal: To provide a progress report of the existing Community Plan and build healthy working relationships with various community stakeholders.
- Bring existing plan up to speed with projects and programs, integrating data from past community plan updates
- Reach out to departments and organizations to coordinate meetings to provide status on projects and programs
- Explore different format/structure options for a workable interim Community Plan
- Encourage Community-wide use of the Community Plan
Phase 2- Comprehensive Update (April 2018-March 2019)
Goal: To develop a comprehensive Community Plan update that reflects the community vision, develops a sustainable planning process and fosters long-lasting working relationships.
The Community Plan Team will undertake an objective engagement approach of asking:
- Where do we want to go? (Visioning)- taking each Community Plan category and developing concise community-led vision, values and goals
- How do we get there? (Implementation Planning)- discussions on the projects, activities and outcomes that are required to meet the goals identified for each category
- The engagement strategy places community input at the centre of the process. We will be present at events and other activities throughout the community groups (including families) to host us to facilitate Community Plan discussions. Departments and organizations can host collaborative sessions where we can discuss vision and values within the framework of community priorities.
The information gathered through this engagement process will inform the comprehensive Community Plan update in the form of a community vision and specific actions needed to achieve community goals.
Keep an eye on this page for upcoming engagement events or send an email and we can discuss how we can work together on the Community Plan
Contact: Community Engagement Facilitators
Phone: 519-753-1950 ext 6036
Address: 2498 Chiefswood Rd. Ohsweken, ON N0A 1M0