ROLE OF COMMUNITY PLAN TEAM
The responsibility of the Community Plan Team is to capture the voices of community members as they relate to the vision, values, and goals of the Six Nations Community.
The primary goal of the Community Planning Team is to weave in the narrative that best expresses who we are as a community, and as a people. The secondary goal is to share feedback to departments and organizations who can use it to inform their operational plans and seek collaboration to reach community goals.
Importance of Community Planning
- Allows community members to set long term and short-term goals and priorities
- Provides foundational information that can be used to direct time and resources to the most appropriate areas
- Protects features in our community which we value the most
- Encourages collaboration on shared goals
- Presents a common direction to external stakeholders and governments